Tuesday, February 16, 2016

w6d2 - DOM, bootstrap & javascript

For as much time as I spent learning javascript on my own, today was pretty disappointing.  (months!  The codeacademy track and the first 5 chapters of Eloquent Javascript were my mainstay.)  To be fair, it's been since September since I last did anything substantial with JS...but still.

To be even more fair, I did understand my goals with all the JS exercises (write for loops, while loops, and even a recursive function for factorial) I at least understood the challenge.  It was the syntax of js that had become unfamiliar after all this python.  Fortunately, I was able to pick it up again reasonably quickly.

Tonight, I started the CodeAcademy jQuery track afresh.  Hopefully that will give me a head start on tomorrow.

I wish I had more to add.  Bootstrap looks interesting since css is my least part of web development.

I'd like to write a more "meta" post on how this is all feeling...but it's always so late by the time I get to write that my more eloquent side is already dozing.  One day...

1 comment: