Thursday, February 4, 2016

w4d4- half way

I've officially been at GoCode for 4 weeks now.  It seems impossible that it's been so long.  I'm both blown away by how much I've improved, and appalled at how far there is still to go.

We kept working with django today, reviewing the basic MVC architecture and how we can use python to manage the pieces.  The most interesting, and most difficult, thing we learned was the django template formatting, and the use of templates to integrate content drawn from a database.

My personal victory today was figuring out how to pull data from two tables in the app-associated database and to get chosen bits to show up in the same page.  The pseudo-python of the templating language led me to believe that I could manipulate it in ways that it just couldn't work.

My other discovery was finding the source code for python modules.  I really enjoyed reading such high quality work.  I want to get to the place where I can follow and appreciate what each part is doing.

I also got the blackjack game working, with money bets.  I have a few more tweaks, and I should be ready to show it off.

This midterm weekend is for travel.  I'll be away tomorrow and monday.  No blog, alas.  I look forward to seeing what the second half of the class brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment