Sunday, January 10, 2016

First Day

The first day of code school is finally done.  Code-wise, there's not much to report since today was all logistics: getting to the site, getting settled, meeting people, etc.

It's interesting to see the mix of people here.  There's only 9 students (of whom I've met 7).  I won't go into specifics (Hi everybody!)...but it is interesting that so many of us have tried various other paths and been disappointed.  I'm not the only former adjunct professor here, for one.

That's the modern mode, right?  Endless self-reinvention.  I read blog posts by people with PhDs (in microbiology, like me!) who parlayed that into being CEO of a biotech company by age 45.  Or people like my friend from high school who got a CS degree and has steadily worked his way up the ladder to where he's recently joined a startup...and he did it never having left Seattle.  The promised land.

Regardless, I'm here, and I'm very, very ready to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment